Product information for Metanium Nappy Rash Ointment 30g
Contains the active ingredients; Titanium dioxide, titanium peroxide and titanium salicylate.
Metanium is a topical ointment, which rubs easily into the skin to treat nappy rash.
Treatment for nappy rash
Soothes & treats
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 20% w/w, Titanium Peroxide 5% w/w, Titanium Salicylate 3% w/w, Also contains: Dimethicone 350, Light Liquid Paraffin, Tincture of Benzoin and White Soft Paraffin.
Do not store above 25 C.
Preparation and Usage
Do not discard this carton as it contains important information about Metanium Nappy Rash Ointment.
How to use (It is important that you follow these instructions carefully):
- After removing soiled nappy, clean and wash the affected area, drying with a soft towel.
- Wash your hands and dab a small amount (pea size) of the ointment over the sore area with your fingertip.
- It is important to spread the ointment thinly so that the skin texture can be clearly seen through it.
- Repeat at each nappy change to treat nappy rash.
- Keep the tube nozzle clean of residue product to ensure the cap can be closed tightly.
Do not use Metanium Ointment if your baby is allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients.
Possible side effects
Very rarely Metanium Ointment can cause skin irritation. If any unusual effects occur, discontinue use and consult your pharmacist or doctor.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed above.
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Caution: Product may stain fabrics
For external use only
Please Note: Whilst Chemist Extra makes every effort to ensure that all information is up to date, the information shown on this page should not replace the advice of a medical professional.
*Disclaimer: Results and outcomes of this product may vary from individual to individual.