Buscopan IBS Relief is a tablet containing hyoscine butylbromide. This medicine is to relieve the abdominal cramps which cause pain and discomfort associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It belongs to a group of medicines called antispasmodics. It works by relaxing the cramping muscles of your bowel.
Always take this medicine exactly as your pharmacist or doctor has told you. You should check with them if you are not sure. Buscopan IBS Relief should not be taken continuously for more than two weeks. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you develop new symptoms or if your symptoms get worse or have not improved over two weeks.
Adults and children 12 years or over:
- Start by taking 1 tablet three times a day
- You can increase your dose to a maximum of 2 tablets four times a day, if needed
- Swallow the tablet whole with water
- Do not crush or chew the tablet
Buscopan IBS Relief is not recommended for children under 12 years.
If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has said that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Do not take if:
- You are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients
- You are intolerant to or cannot digest some sugars (as the tablet coating contains a small amount of sucrose)
- You have glaucoma (an eye problem)
- You have megacolon (a very enlarged bowel)
- You have something called ‘myasthenia gravis’ (a very rare muscle weakness problem)
- You are pregnant, likely to get pregnant, or are breast-feeding
Please read leaflet for more warnings
Each tablet contains 10 mg of the active ingredient hyoscine butylbromide.
The other ingredients are: calcium hydrogen phosphate, maize starch, soluble starch, colloidal silica, tartaric acid, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, acacia, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, carnauba wax, white beeswax and povidone.