No products in the basket.
AVogel Ecinaforce Throat Spray? – Echinacea & Sage Extracts is part of the Echinaforce range of herbal remedies for colds and flu. This product is designed to deliver echinacea and sage extracts to help cure the painful and irritated parts at the back of your throat.
This product is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve sore throats associated with coughs, colds and flu.
What is Echinacea?
Echinacea is a plant which is native to America. The herb and root extracts of the Echinacea species, Echinacea purpurea, are combined for use in Echinaforce Sore Throat Spray.
What is Sage?
Sage is flowering plant which is native to the Mediterranean. It is the extract of Sage leaves which is used in Echinaforce Sore Throat Spray.
This medicinal product contains 38-42 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 163mg per 2 sprays, equivalent to 3.7ml beer (less than a teaspoon) or 1.5ml wine (less than half a teaspoon) per dose.
Adults and the elderly: 2 sprays 6-10 times daily.
Not for use in children or those under 18 years of age.
- Do not take this product if you are under 18 years of age.
- Do not use if you are allergic to Echinacea or plants of the daisy (Asteraceae/Compositae) family, allergic to sage or peanut/soya.
- Do not use if you have a tendency to allergies such as hives, allergic aczema or asthma.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Not suitable if you are taking ciclosporin or methotrexate or any other immunosuppressant medicine.
- Do not take if you are on any other medication which is affected by alcohol.
- Do not use this product if you suffer from TB (the infection tuberculosis). Sarcoidosis (a connective tissue disease disorder which causes the formation of clumps of cells mainly in the lymph nodes, lungs and liver). An autoimmune disease such as collagenoses (inflammation of the connective tissue) or multiple sclerosis. HIV, AIDS or any other condition which decreases your resistance to infection. A disorder which affects your white blood cells such as agranulocytosis (low white blood cell count due to bone marrow disorders) or leukemia (blood cell cancer).
- Do not use if you are having treatment to reduce the response of your immune system (immunosuppression) e.g. chemotherapy, radiotherapy.
- Not recommended if you have had an organ or bone marrow transplant.
- If you already suffer from allergies, you may be more likely to get them. Allergic reactions which may occur are: Rash inside the mouth, burning sensation in the throat, skin rash, red and itchy skin (hives), swelling of the skin due to fluid (angioedema) or swelling of the face (Quincke`s oedema), blistering of the skin and mucous membranes (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), difficulty in breathing (bronchospasm with obstruction), asthma or anaphylactic shock (a life-threatening allergic reaction).
- Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord (disseminated encephalitis).
- Painful lumps on the shins (erythema nodosum).
- Low blood platelet count (immunothrombocytopenia).
- Destruction of blood cells by antibodies (Evans Syndome).
- Dryness in the mouth and eyes with renal tubular dysfunction.
- A decrease in the number of white blood cells (leucopenia) may occur in long-term use (more than 8 weeks).