- Voltarol 12 Hour Emulgel can provide concentrated all day pain relief which targets pain and inflammation at the source. By applying the gel two times a day (morning and evening), a reservoir of diclofenac is formed to give the skin a reserve of active ingredient that can provide long-lasting all day pain relief. It combines a gel and cream in one, which gives both a cooling and soothing effect when applied to the skin.
- Adults and Children aged 14 years and over
How to use
- Adults: Use an amount the size of a one penny or two penny piece and rub gently into the skin over the affected site. Apply 2 times daily (preferably morning and evening) to the affected area of skin. Do not use for more than 14 days, unless longer treatment is recommended by a doctor. Do not exceed the stated dose. Do not use more than 50g of Voltarol 12 Hour Emulgel P 2.32% Gel in one week, Wash hands after use (unless they are the site being treated).
- When using for the first time, reverse the cap, engage with the nozzle, twist and remove the seal from the tube.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
Hazards and Cautions
- Not for use on children under 14 years.
- If symptoms worsen or persist for longer than 7 days, consult your doctor.
- Before use, read the enclosed leaflet carefully. Do not use if you are allergic to, or ever had an asthma attack, wheezing, urticaria (hives) or a runny nose after taking aspirin or other NSAID pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, or if you are sensitive to diclofenac or any other ingredient of the gel. Do not use if you are pregnant and consult your doctor before use if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are taking oral diclofenac or other NSAID tablets.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you suffer from asthma, have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, or are taking any prescribed medicines.
- Do not apply to cuts, wounds, sunburned skin or other areas where the skin is abnormal, or near the eyes or nasal area. Do not cover with a bandage or plaster.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Active ingredients: Diclofenac Diethylammonium
- Also contains: Butylhydroxytoluene, Carbomers, Cocoyl Caprylocaprate, Diethylamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Liquid Paraffin, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Oleyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Purified Water.